Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Fire

As I was driving around last week, I saw a thick column of black smoke billowing from a couple miles away. I could see a fire engine ladder truck ahead of me so I activated my lights, caught up to it, and followed it into a neighborhood. A house was fully engulfed in flames as neighbors ran around frantically and news vans arrived.

Here's a picture I took from outside by patrol car as I blocked traffic from coming down the street.


After the blaze was put out, I walked up to see the damage. I took this photo from the backyard. I was standing next to some firefighters applying water to small flare ups.


The house was full of junk which made it harder for the firefighters to put out the fire. Luckily, nobody was inside and nobody was injured. I left after the arson investigators arrived to seach the scene for evidence.

2 Comments:

At May 16, 2007 9:41 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Glad it was empty. I rolled up on one early one morning that had the burned up bodies of a woman, a cat, and a dog.

 
At May 19, 2007 12:06 AM, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Thank God no one was hurt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home