Monday, February 11, 2008

Birthday Surprise

Emergency call: "Vehicle on fire, people possibly trapped inside."
I activate my lights and sirens and dash to the scene of a potentially life threatening situation.

From several blocks away I can see a column of black smoking rising. I hope the occupants are out of the car but brace myself for the worst.

I arrive to find a crowd of people gathered around the burning vehicle. The fire department is dousing the flames and everyone inside has gotten out safely.

Through the smoke and steam I see the prancing horse logo on a yellow background indicating what type of car this is: A Ferrari.

As the crowd swells, I see people cheering, laughing, dancing and taking pictures with camera phones. Not since O.J. was found not-guilty have I seen such an elated outpouring of sheer joy and excitement from the common man. The low income citizens in the crowd were in a near frenzied riot of happiness. They slapped high fives, raised double fists in victory, and jumped around as if they'd won the lottery. It was a clear example of how some people revel in the defeat of others (especially the wealthy).

I was told by the driver it was his birthday and a wealthy former NFL player loaned him the $150,000 Ferrari convertible to celebrate his special day. The celebration, however, was a bit different than he expected.

**********************************************************************************

Here's a computer message sent to officers to BOLO "Be On Look Out" for an armed robbery suspect. I put up with a lot for my job but I'm not going to touch a gun after it's been in some guy's butthole or is covered in human excrement:

5 Comments:

At February 11, 2008 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why people felt good about an expensive car going up in smoke. Tells a lot about why people are where they are, doesn't it? Of well, I hope the car was well insured and I assume they aren't friends anymore. Bad B-day. LC

 
At February 11, 2008 10:18 PM, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Happy Birthday even if it's a little belated and you day was a bit strange.

What caused the fire?

I wouldn't want to touch that gun either.

 
At February 14, 2008 3:16 PM, Blogger Flash Gordon said...

Too many people these days no longer understand that most rich people who can afford a Ferrari were not always rich, some were once of quite modest means or even poor. Their existence represents hope to everyone else that in this country they too may someday be able to afford a Ferrari.

That is, if they continue to strive to do their best and don't waste too much time dancing in the street over someone else's misfortune.

 
At February 17, 2008 6:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder if the car is well insured. I am sure since rich people don't like to lose money.

 
At February 19, 2008 9:35 AM, Blogger Redroach said...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE !!!!
I understand their joy at seeing the rich suffer a bit. I feel it with them, right down in the bottom of my DNA.

Of course I am a strange one since if I had the cash, i would not buy an expensive car. I am just wired strange like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home