Monday, August 27, 2007

Never get Busted Again

Awhile ago I read an article about a former police officer who produced a series of DVD's educating criminals on how NOT to get caught. The videos offer a sure-fire way to avoid being pulled over by cops. I didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to actually buy these but I was proven wrong.

I found this DVD inside a car I recently pulled over. This issue (volume 1) deals with traffic stops. The uninsured and unlicensed driver watched with dismay as his car was towed away and impounded. If this video-maker has any kind of money back guarantee, I don't expect he'll be in business for very long.

CRUEL
One person who will surely be busted is the pathetic piece of crap I've dealt with a few times over the past few months for domestic disputes. A far too common call came from his house from his girlfriend over a fight. This guy and girl were constantly fighting and breaking up/getting restraining orders/cancelling the restraining orders/getting back together/repeat.


Each time I came to his rented house I saw a bunch of Pit Bulls chained to various pieces of junk in the backyard. They had little water or food so I made him come outside and take care of his dogs. The dogs were aggressive and wouldn't let me anywhere near them. The Humane Society was contacted but the dogs were not in bad enough shape to confiscate so he was allowed to keep them.


Then, we got a call from a concerned neighbor about the welfare of the dogs. Apparently, the guy was evicted so he gathered his stuff and left the dogs to fend for themselves in the backyard. He even took the water hose from the backyard on his way out. The summer heat was around 110 degrees all week and there was little shade back there. The dry dirt yard had no water and many of the dogs' chains were tangled so badly they couldn't move more than a few inches.


It was too much for one unlucky dog as it succumbed to the heat or was choked to death by a the cable around its neck. The neighbor brought over his hose and I sprayed down the remaining dogs with water while waiting for the Humane Society to arrive. I filled the water bowls and moved closer to try to untangle the twisted chains. A litter puppies I had seen before was now gone.

These dogs that wanted to attack me weeks before now whimpered and whined for help as I approached. My anger simmered as I pictured these poor guys suffering for an unknown number of days. Fortunately, I remembered the owner's name and was able to pull up his information on my car computer. A felony animal cruelty report was created and it's only a matter of time before he is arrested and charged.

7 Comments:

At August 27, 2007 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where ya been? I'm sure the creep is sorry and he'll never do it again, because he really loves his girlfriend and his dogs. Keep in touch, and stay safe.

 
At August 27, 2007 11:08 PM, Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

That just breaks my heart.

I hope the a$$hole gets picked up soon.

 
At August 28, 2007 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When he gets caught, make sure you tell the folks down at intake what he did.

They will make sure his stay is becoming of someone of his character.

 
At August 29, 2007 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job Gary. That jerk deserves everything he gets and I hope you are the one to catch him.

 
At September 01, 2007 7:42 AM, Blogger 5150Wife said...

Yeah, everything loving annie said.

 
At September 04, 2007 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the guy..he was a crook as a narc, and was investigated for corruption more than one...a complete piece of crap, that admits in his videos that he profiled...maybe he did it that way..but most of us aren't like that!

 
At September 21, 2007 7:25 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Jesus. Some people have no morals whatsover.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home