Monday, October 23, 2006

What a Blessing

I was getting out of my car and walking towards an apartment complex when I spotted a crazy woman walking down the middle of the street. She was walking quickly and talking to herself. Then, she saw me and launched into a verbal tirade:
"YOU killed my son you motherfu**er!!! Twenty one years old and you killed him. Fu** you policeman. CPS took my kids away and you shot my boy. That's right, I know you done it and I hope you die!!! (She was furious; pointing her finger at me, waving her arms and snarling like a rabid dog.)

I looked at her but kept walking careful not to provoke her by responding. Then in a frustrated voice she added, "Goddamn police. God Bless you. The Lord says I've gotta save you too so God bless and be safe, Motherfu**er."

Awhile ago I went to an apartment that was flooded and the manager refused to fix the plumbing. I arrived and found a hispanic family sitting in chairs outside their apartment. The man and woman didn't speak English so one of the neighborhood kids came over to translate. Just as I was getting the story from the mother, she lifts her shirt exposing both breasts and a large flabby belly. She picks up a baby and begins to breastfeed him. I'm not sure why her other breast needed to be exposed but she eventually pulled down one side of her shirt so just the nursing breast was showing. The baby finished nursing and was returned to the ground. Mom, however didn't bother pulling her shirt down so I was forced to take the report with one flatty boob hanging out. The whole time this was happening, her husband sat a few feet away and never said a word or tried to cover her up. There were several adults and children walking around; none of which seemed concerned about the flashing. I'm all for nursing in public but is it too much to ask to put those things away when not in use?

I enrolled in a two-day lockpicking class in December and am eager to attend. I've always thought it would be cool to be able to pick locks like in the movies and now I'll have a chance to learn. TIf only this class took place a few weeks ago before I had to break into my car after locking my keys inside while hiking.

8 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 7:04 AM, Blogger Jason said...

I would have told that woman to pull her shirt down. I can accept breastfeeding, but not just leaving them hanging out for no other reason.

As for the crazy woman, just keep walking, don't even acknowledge her. Let her lash out at the wind.

 
At October 23, 2006 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure what is wrong with the breast feeding mother. It is a natural thing.

just kidding that is creepy. I would not have been able to take a report while having those things exposed....

Keep safe, we love you.
The Hamaker's

 
At October 23, 2006 4:04 PM, Blogger FroneAmy said...

My husband has had to ask people to put their clothing on as well. It's never the attractive people who hang around naked, is it?

I like to count myself in the privileged few who know how to truly pick a lock...my husband only knows how to jimmy a lock. I can't say as I'm very good at picking, since I've only done it a few times, and that on locks that weren't attached to actual doors! It's pretty fun, though, and SOOO satisfying when you hear that final pin fall into place and the lock slides. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
-Amy

 
At October 24, 2006 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One time I had picked the deadbolt on our school door, when I was in 6th grade, to let the class in. What can I say, I was sick and tired of waiting outside for 20 minutes in the heat. Confused the teacher when she actually showed up...

Anyway... can't you cite her for indecent exposure or something? I mean my wife is nursing NOW, but they have ponchos and other such things to use to cover up when doing that, or these double-layer shirts where the under-layer has a hole so the baby can nurse while being totally covered... but not only did she not use anything like that, but she didn't even cover when done... how is that not indecent exposure? VERY indecent exposure, at that.

 
At October 24, 2006 9:55 PM, Blogger Officer Gary said...

In our state, a charge of indecent exposre requires a victim (someone willing to aid in the prosecution). Since nobody around seemed to care or show offense, it would have been a waste of time. Besides, the woman spoke no English and would be more trouble than what it's worth.

 
At October 26, 2006 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary, I hope you don't become jaded at some point. It must be hard not to start seeing humans as insane creatures. I think if you had bent over and thrown up it might have sent a message even a non-English speaking person could pick up! LC

 
At October 27, 2006 10:33 PM, Blogger andrea said...

Gary,

It's good to know that the people you are interacting with can take time out to share the love of Christ with you...even though you did kill her son!

Be safe...Jesus saves!

 
At October 29, 2006 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, that is hilarious. Had you thrown up that would have been the most perfect response...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home