Friday, June 02, 2006

Summer Gear


Here's me in my summer class uniform. I'm starting to get used to wearing all of my gear in the heat but haven't had to spend too much time outside of the car yet. I'm dreading the day I'll be asked to direct traffic in the middle of the day.

Last night my partner and I were dispatched to a found 3 year old boy wandering the streets around 28th st and Osborn. As my partner and I were going door to door looking for his parents, a man in a truck came driving frantically down the street in an obvious panic. The boy had unlocked a back gate and walked about two blocks barefoot down the street. The neighbor who found the boy started chewing out the dad for his bad parenting skills. She was really mad and started calling him all kinds of names. We let her yell for a while and then separated them before it got any more heated.

At the end of the shift we heard an armed robbery in progress. The suspects fled in a truck a few miles away from us and were coming in our direction. We raced toward them and found an abandoned truck in the middle of McDowell Rd. with two unoccupied police cars right next to it. We were 15 seconds late to the foot pursuit that just happened. We drove ahead further and saw one suspect being arrested. We set up a perimeter and called for the helicopter and K-9's. After about 30 minutes we heard on the radio the second suspect was found. We then heard the officer asking for medical attention for a dog bite. It's some kind of justice when someone commits aggravated assault with a gun, gets away with money, flees from police, hides in the bushes and is then 'found' by the dog.

2 Comments:

At June 03, 2006 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dog's a man's best friend....I'm just glad I'm not a "man". Sure enjoy reading your blog. Mom

 
At June 03, 2006 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for K9's. They sure have a tough job too. Keep up the good work, we sure enjoy your entries. Keep safe.

Ronda, Doug, Emmy and Luke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home